I am very excited. I am going on a trip to the country of Egypt, which is in the northern part of the continent of Africa. I will be back before too long to share my adventures with everyone! While I am in Egypt, I will be meeting with other principals and visiting schools to see how children learn and teachers teach in a country so far away from the United States! The children in Egypt all speak Arabic when they start school, but begin to learn English as their second language in the first grade. I will also be visiting colleges, museums and some remarkable ancient sites, like the Great Pyramids of Giza and the temple of the mysterious Sphinx! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this page to see some interesting photos and read some fascinating facts!



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting Ready for my Trip to Egypt!

Dear Girls and Boys:  Today you will meet Mrs. Figueroa, who will be helping here at Truman Moon while I am on my trip.  She is a wonderful assistant principal at Chorley School and some of you might know her already!  Mrs. Figueroa speaks both English and Spanish, so be sure to say "Good Morning" AND "Buenos Dias" to her each day!
    This website is called a "Blog". It is like a diary. I am hoping to write to you and post pictures of my adventures in Egypt.  Your class can write back to me too.
     I have been very busy packing my suitcases.  I will be on an airplane for 11 hours and I will be traveling through Egypt for eight days. What do you think I will need to pack for my trip?
                                                            

10 comments:

  1. I think you should pack a little notebook so you can write and draw things you want to remember. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Mrs. Shoemaker's Class
    Carl says pack a camera and sunblock.
    Matthew says pack a bookbag.
    Alyssa says pack some food.
    Marlenie says pack water.
    Samantha says pack socks.
    Cristian says pack a dinosaur.
    Riley says pack TInker Bell.
    Lucas says clothes.

    Have fun. We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful,safe trip!!!!!
    Bring lots of money...What kind of money do they use in Egypt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The currency in Egypt is called an Egyptian Pound (EGP). One American dollar is worth 5.76 Egyptian Pounds. One half of an Egyptian Pound is 50 Piastres in Egypt money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs. Napolitano,
    We hope that you have a good time in Egypt and meet new people. We think that you should pack your computer and your camera to take pictures. We think that you should also take your phone. We would love for you to call us and talk to us. It would be a good idea to bring a book for your plane trip. Love from Room 8

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking you need an assistant to go along. Hint, hint, hint. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs. Napolitano,

    We hope you have a good trip. Please take some pictures of the pyramids and the Sphinx. Remember your sunglasses. Maybe binoculars would help you see better!

    Love,
    Room 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Kass' class says...

    Jaqoi suggests slippers, sneakers, and shorts and shirts.

    Sheila suggests bringing food, especially vegetales; they may not have any there.

    Ivan suggests packing water.

    Xavier suggests chapstick in case your lips are dry.

    Messiah suggests packing pretty clothes.

    Samantha suggests packing jewelry.

    We all suggests packing a hat to protect you from the sun and your camera so you can take lots of good pictures to show us.
    We hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make your trip as exciting as possible. Learn and have fun.
    From a follow traveler who wishes she was in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Miss Walter's Class
    Brooklynne said you should pack some pants.
    Edelicia said you should pack many shirts.
    Javano said you should bring boots or shoes for walking.
    Manny said you should bring an umbrella and raincoat if it rains.
    Cooper said you should bring sunglasses because it is hot.
    Melisa said you should bring jewelry.
    David said you should pack a camera in your suitcase and take lots of pictures to share.

    We all said to have fun!

    ReplyDelete