I am very excited. I am going on a trip to the country of Egypt, which is in the northern part of the continent of Africa. I will be back before too long to share my adventures with everyone! While I am in Egypt, I will be meeting with other principals and visiting schools to see how children learn and teachers teach in a country so far away from the United States! The children in Egypt all speak Arabic when they start school, but begin to learn English as their second language in the first grade. I will also be visiting colleges, museums and some remarkable ancient sites, like the Great Pyramids of Giza and the temple of the mysterious Sphinx! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this page to see some interesting photos and read some fascinating facts!



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Flying Through the Clouds...

Dear Boys and Girls:
     Have you ever taken a ride in an airplane?  It is so much fun to fly through the clouds and look down at the earth.  The buildings and the people all look so very small.  Even the mountains look tiny from the sky. 
Doesn't my airplane look like a bird?  Well, it flies very much like a bird flies too.  The wind gets under its wings and helps to lift it into the air and soar across the sky.  But, not to worry, the INSIDE of the plane is warm and cozy.  It is like sitting in a comfortable chair in your living room!  There are small televisions behind each seat so you can watch movies, and the stewardesses bring you beverages and snacks!
Tomorrow is my flight to Egypt!!  My next note will be from a country far, far away!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Napolitano,

    We hope you have a good flight! Fifteen of our classmates have been on an airplane ride. James got airsick. We hope that DOESN'T happen to you! We are wondering what kinds of snacks and drinks they had on the airplane. Did you watch a movie?

    Your friends in Room 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Napolitano,

    We hope you have a good trip.We hope you have fun in Egypt. Will you see camels? Will you get to ride the camel? Do they have books in Egypt?You are the best principal. We hope you meet some new friends. We will miss you.
    Love,
    Mrs. Hoffmann's Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom!

    It's 9:21 Thursday night. I just tracked your flight on the internet and you are in the middle of the ocean! So exciting! I took a screen shot so the kids could see, but I don't think I can upload pictures here. I look forward to your next update!

    Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good flight and some rest today so that you are ready to start your adventure in a new time frame! It's cold here, 32*. What is the temperature in Egypt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mom!!!

    Are you going to see any Mummys while you are there?

    Do you know what the most important day in Egypt is? It's MUMMY's DAY!!!

    Do you know what kind of underwear Mummys wear?? Fruit of the TOMB!!!

    What did King Tut say when he got scared?
    I WANT MY MUMMY!!!

    But I digress, have fun and keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris,
    Ha ha. You have the best Mummy! Middletown loves your Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...to Room 7- We had dinner and breakfast on the plane. Dinner was beef and rice, breakfast was waffles and fruit. We had a choice of coffee, tea, water, juice or soda to drink. We have had many different kinds of food here in Egypt.

    Hi...to Room 4- Camel riding? Definitely! We will ride camels to the pyramids on Thursday afternoon. We will be visiting two schools on Wednesday, so I will let you know if they have a lot of books.

    Hi...to Adrienne- the weather has been beautiful here, high 60's to low 70's. Cooler at night. It doesn't rain here (except maybe an inch, once a year). All the water in Egypt comes from the Nile River.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi to Chris! Very funny jokes! I saw lots of real mummies today at the museum. They, however, were not laughing much!!!

    ReplyDelete