I am very excited. I am going on a trip to the country of Egypt, which is in the northern part of the continent of Africa. I will be back before too long to share my adventures with everyone! While I am in Egypt, I will be meeting with other principals and visiting schools to see how children learn and teachers teach in a country so far away from the United States! The children in Egypt all speak Arabic when they start school, but begin to learn English as their second language in the first grade. I will also be visiting colleges, museums and some remarkable ancient sites, like the Great Pyramids of Giza and the temple of the mysterious Sphinx! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this page to see some interesting photos and read some fascinating facts!



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Schools in Egypt- public school

Hi Boys and Girls: I am so happy to be back at Truman Moon.  I had a wonderful trip to Egypt but I missed you all!
There have been lots of questions about the schools and the students I visited in Egypt.  All of the children in Egypt were very serious about learning and very happy to meet principals from America.  The schools I saw were very different, but the one thing that they all had in common was that the students liked to ask many questions about YOU!
   The Degla Primary School was a very poor school.  There were 45-50 students in each classroom which made it very crowded. They had very few books or crayons or colorful student work to look at on the walls.  Because it doesn't rain in Egypt, the hallway between their classrooms was outdoors and made of stone. They were still very eager to learn.  They were learning English along with their native Arabic language.  They wore their everyday clothes and sneakers or sandals to school each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment